Kicking Horse Lodging - Description
Vagabond Lodge is a Boutique Hotel just steps away from the Gondola at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort near Golden British Columbia, in the Heart of the Canadian Rockies.
From the over-stuffed furniture, Wood-Burning River Rock Fireplace, one of a kind Split-Log Douglas Fir Hand-made bar, wide plank flooring, to the floor to ceiling windows make Vagabond Lodge a Special and Unique experience.
Vagabond Lodge owner's Lori and Ken, make every effort to make your stay a memorable one starting with the home-made fresh fruit scones in the morning, fresh-out-of the-oven cookies in the afternoon, to the feather rest beds.
If you can picture yourself having a glass of wine with other guests from around the world each afternoon at happy hour, or finding a nice spot for a game of scrabble or cards, or maybe curling up in front of the roaring fire with a great book, getting a great relaxation massage, sitting on the deck and seeing a variety of wild-life wander by, this is the place for you.
This Luxury accommodation at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, features warmth and charm, reminiscent of the Historical Canadian National Parks Lodges but with the amenities and service of top quality Boutique Hotels. All 10 Guest Rooms at Vagabond Lodge are Unique in One way or Another.
- Six rooms have balconies.
- Four of the rooms have window boxes that can be made up as a single size bed.
- Two loft rooms feature a queen size bed on the lower level and upstairs is a double -size bed.
- All rooms have private bathrooms with heated floors.
- Rooms do not have TV's or Phones. There is a TV room with satellite on the Lower Level.
- Wireless Wifi is complimentary and accessible in all rooms.
- Main FloorThe Main Floor features a number of different areas great for sitting around playing cards, board games, reading your favorite book or visiting with other guests.
Not to be forgotten is the bar which is a hand-cut split log. This is the gathering area for our guests from around the world after a great day on the slopes, a round of golf, or after a wild whitewater rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River.
During Ski Season "happy hour" around the bar is the place to be. Always some munchies, a few drinks and lots of good story.
Why watch television when you can watch flames flicker in our hand-made local-stone fireplace. It's a unique and pleasing feature of the lodge, and a cozy spot to sit and visit.
- During Ski Season, this is the Entrance Level with Secure Ski Room and Boot Dryer and Tuning Bench.
- Pool Table.
- TV Area with Satellite and Movies.
- Entrance to Out-Door Hot tub.
- Full Buffet Breakfast.
- Hot Lunch is complimentary during Ski Season for Stays of 2 or More Nights.
- A pres-Ski Munchies during Ski Season.
- Self-Serve Hot Drinks available in dining room.
- Fresh baked Cookies available each afternoon during Winter Season.
Ski Season Rates:
Single Occupancy: $175 - $225/night
Double Occupancy: $195 - $275/night