Banff Hostel - Description
HI-Banff Alpine Centre provides affordable lodging and accommodations for ski resorts near Banff, Canada.
HI-Banff Alpine Centre is rated "Top 10" in our network of 4,000 hostels worldwide! We have private rooms, 2 spacious kitchens and lounge areas, 2 fireplaces a popular restaurant, Cougar Pete's Lookout & Kitchen and a pub, the Storm Cellar.
Don't miss our job seeker and ski packages or our very own ice climbing wall just outside the door every winter.
We have two ensuite cabins on-site, which can sleep four.
We are a member of Hostelling International-Canada (HI-Canada), a non-for-profit association of travellers that has been established in Canada since 1933. HI-Canada is a member of the International Youth Hostel Federation, the largest member-based budget accommodation network on the planet operating 4,000 hostels in 80 countries.
- FREE TRANSIT FOR ALL GUESTS. That's right, once you check in, we give you a bus pass so you can get around anywhere on the Banff transit system!
- Daily activities and events
- Internet Access and free wifi in every room
- Cougar Pete's, our pub-style restaurant right in our hostel
- The Storm Cellar Pub and Games Room - fun every night
- Trip planning and free forward-reservation services
- Double beds and private rooms
- Fully-equipped commercial-quality guest kitchen to cook your meals
- Lockers for every guest
- Secure luggage storage and ski/board/bicycle storage
- Barbeque decks and patios with some of the best views of the mountains in Banff
- Self-serve kitchens
Banff Hostel - Amenities
Additional Sleeping: HI-Banff has two main buildings housing six room types, as well as deluxe private cabins. Both buildings have their own commercial-quality guest kitchen and great common roomswith fireplaces, logwork and vaulted ceilings.
Book-A-Hostel is available for retreats, reunions and weddings
Complex Amenities: outdoor parking, public barbeque
Household contents: bed linens, fireplace (gas), internet, ironing board / iron, laundry facilities
Household entertainment: fooseball table, general games / puzzles, media room, movies on DVD or other, pool table, stereo, TV
Kitchen contents: barbeque, barbeque utensils, coffee maker, cutlery, fridge, kettle, microwave, pots and pans, refrigerator with freezer, small appliances, stove
Local Amenities: cross country skiing, golf course, grocery store, heli skiing, hiking, horse back riding, liquor store, local transportation, mountain biking, restaurants, shops, ski hill, tennis, whitewater rafting
Ski Access: more than 10 minute drive to ski, short drive to skiing